Thursday, June 18, 2009

Indonesia Japan Expo 2008


Indonesia Japan Expo in JIEXPO Kemayoran, Jakarta.
1 - 9 November 2008.

I went there on 5 November 2008 at around 2 pm.
Coz it was Wednesday, there weren't so many people around, and not so many events, such as the Miku-miku dance competition, Cosplay, Workshops, etc etc. They're held mostly on weekends.
The expo was held in Hall A & Hall B, and at that time, there was a stage in the middle of the court with a band practicing.

Here is the pic of the entrance tickets (@ Rp. 10.000,-) and some stuff, well basically, expo map, namecards, flyers, and a free fan for filling out a questionnaire. :)



Even the Obake/Japanese style Ghost House was closed.
Noooo.........:(



It was in a small traditional Indonesian Hut, the ones with roof made out of coconut leaves and walls made from bamboo weave.
I so wanna see what's inside !!!! hahaha



Outside the Halls, there were exhibition stands of :


Foto Yukata, where you can take pics with a kimono


Indomanga, an online manga community / forum (www.indomanga.com)

there was also some people playing Go / Igo , a Japanese boardgame that looks kinda like Othello, I think they're from J-sekai, an online community for people who likes japan, cosplay, anime, manga, otaku, etc. (www.jsekai.com)

Also a stand about Japanese Martial Art, Aikido.


And Of course Food and Beverages stands were also there.
Such as Hoka Hoka Bento, Es Teler 77, coffee stands, etc.

I only saw 2 stands inside the hall, selling Japanese cartoony manga style souvenirs, pencils, keychains, etc.
Some Batik stands, there was two ladies making Batik from Yayasan Batik Indonesia.

And some space for POT.
Excuse me ?
well, it's short for Painting on T-shirt, which was kinda fun.
and they say that the paintings on the T-shirts won't fade up to 1 year.





Oh yeah, there was also an Eco House exhibition from Nedo, displaying Biodiesel fule from Sunflower, Windpower for Homes, Furniture from Leftover Woods. in which the picture was taken, a Japanese style room.



There were Japanese Ladies in Kimonos getting ready to demonstrate a green tea ceremony, If I'm not mistaken hehe, coz they were preparing and people started to gather around to see, but they're still preparing and discussing stuff, so I decided to leave and look around the Halls.





Honestly, there weren't too many cultural stands as I expected.
Inside the Halls, There are mostly big brands such as Toshiba, Canon, Daihatsu, etc, And the cultural stands that are there are scattered around the place, hiding in small corners.

I also only saw 2 tiny traditional food stalls serving Takoyaki and Oikonomiyaki.

So, it wasn't actually what I expected from the Indonesia Japan Expo 2008, probably If I came on the weekends, there would me a lot more going on, more Cosplay actions outside, more Workshops, more cultural events.


So on the way out, I saw the "American Donut" stand.
I just had to give it a try. It's a reminiscence of my childhood when I used to go to Duta Merlin on the weekends and sit in their small shop eating Donuts, Orange Juice and Sausages. yum......
So... I bought a donut, the one covered with sugar, my favorite.... hmmm... tasted just like I remembered.



It's not as soft as Krispy Kreme or J Co, but kinda chewy, just right.
But it's kinda pricey @ Rp. 6000,- but hey.... it's not like I get to eat it everyday. So I decided to buy a dozen of 'em to bring home.

Yup... yup yup.... it's 8 pm now and all the donuts are gone... yummm.
Best part of the day :)


(nj / SanggarSeni.com)
Image copyright : SanggarSeni.com
Logo copyright : Indonesia Japan Expo 2008

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails